Occasionally, spills and accidents leave stains on carpets. No matter how adult your family is, the occasional spill or smudge can easily seep into the fibers and cause a permanent stain. As you clean the stain, the spot disappears, but a few days later, you notice a new spot on the carpet. When you look closer, the stain is back and you need to hire Carpet Cleaning Services. In this blog, we have covered reasons and solutions for Recurring Stains On Your Carpet.
Reasons and Solutions for Recurring Carpet Stain Are:
Using a Carpet Stain Removal cleaner to remove stains can result in soiling if the carpet cleaner is not properly blotted or rinsed off the spot. Over time, any residue left behind turns sticky. In the event that the remaining carpet cleaner sits on the carpet, it will begin to attract dirt, debris, and soil, giving the appearance that the same stain is coming back repeatedly.
How to prevent carpets from soiling?
Try wiping the carpet clean with warm water after you’ve used a carpet cleaner. But, you should also ensure that you dry the spot after you apply the warm water. It is important to do this so the carpet does not absorb the water to the deeper layers of the carpet, which can result in wicking.
Wicking occurs when the carpet stain seeps into the backing of the carpet. Therefore, while you clean the carpet, the carpet continues to absorb the moisture and the contents of the room to the back. Stains will eventually move back up the fiber strands to reach the surface again – this process called wicking.
How to prevent carpets from wicking:
Following your cleaning process of Carpet Stain Treatment, you may need to use a cleaner, then rinse off the remaining stain remover with water and blot. Next, cover the stain with a towel. Getting a heavy object that will apply downward pressure to the towel will help you clean the deeper fiber of the carpet. To ensure proper absorption, leave this on for 24 hours.
How to Remove Common Carpet Stains
- Pet Stain: You can remove pet stains by choosing a Carpet Pet Stain Removal cleaner that contains enzymes, which kill bacteria and eliminate their odors.
- Blood Stain: Blood stains should be treated promptly with club soda or cold water, as with any stains.
- Dirt & Urine Stain: There may be no stain you should treat before it has dried, other than dirt. Scrape the leftovers first, then vacuum, then apply a solution with dish soap, and blot To Remove Carpet Stains.
- Tea & Coffee Stain: Begin by blotting the coffee or tea stain to remove as much liquid as possible from the carpet. Add two cups of warm water to one tablespoon of vinegar and one tablespoon of dish soap. To apply this mixture, use a clean, soft, white rag. You can also use a dry cloth to blot it.
Don’t assume your valuable carpet or rug is lost if the above doesn’t work. Consider calling a professional Carpet Stain Removal Services before giving up! Professionals are experts in the area & provide a wide range of services:
- Carpet Odour Removal
- Carpet Vomit Removal
- Residential Carpet Cleaning
- Carpet Dry Cleaning Services
- Carpet Anti Allergen Treatment
- Carpet Mould Removal Services
Call us today to schedule an appointment to resolve the problem of returning stains.